South Dakota Achieve is a private nonprofit organization supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, co-occurring mental illness and traumatic brain injury. Founded in 1958, the organization has a strong reputation for providing excellent services and holding the longest standing national accreditation with the Council on Quality and Leadership of any organization of its type in the nation.
Achieve is here to help people by providing day and residential services, community job placement, independent living services as well as case management, medical, physical, occupational, speech and language services. Achieve’s professional staff work with each person [and their family] to help them discover their interests and help them find their place in our community.
We support people by:
• Listening and responding to what people want and need;
• Providing positive supports that do not include restrictive approaches;
• Offering person centered services and individual choice;
• Supporting people through sensory therapy, communication adaptations and specialized training;
• Utilizing community resources to their fullest; and
• Believing in the potential of each person.
At Achieve, our goal is to see the people we support live good lives; whatever that means for that person. We are here to help make it happen, whatever it takes.